Residential Charger Rebate
Through Pepco’s EVsmart Program, you may be eligible for a $300 rebate when you install a qualiﬁed Level 2 smart charger for your home. Upgrading to a Level 2 smart charger allows you to charge your electric vehicle faster and may include an optional Wi-Fi app to control your settings and save money.
Any Pepco customer who lives in a single-family home (either attached or detached) with secure home Wi-Fi (hotspots not sufficient) is eligible to participate. Customers must agree to share charging data with Pepco. Rebates are limited and are available while supplies last.
How to Participate
- Purchase a qualifying charger from the retailer of your choice, and have installed at your home.
- Eligible chargers include:
- Level 2 smart chargers require installation of a 240-volt outlet. It is recommended that you hire a qualiﬁed electrician who is familiar with EV charging equipment. Installation charges will vary, but can range from $200 to $1,000.*
- Apply for the rebate. After successful installation, fill out the rebate application and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Receive your rebate in approximately 4 to 6 weeks. Your rebate will arrive by mail once your application has been submitted, received, and approved.
Save time. Level 2 smart chargers can fully charge an EV in 3 to 8 hours, compared to standard Level 1 chargers, which require 11 to 20 hours. Each additional hour with a Level 2 smart charger adds about 20 miles of driving range.*
Save money. Only Level 2 smart chargers are eligible for the $300 residential charger rebate. You may also be eligible for an additional rebate from the state of Maryland for your smart charger. Learn more.
Gain control. Level 2 smart chargers work similarly to smart thermostats. When plugged in, you can potentially control when your EV starts and stops charging through your charger’s app on your smartphone.
For more information on EVs, visit Marylandev.org.