The Hotel at UMD Builds With Energy Efficiency in the Blueprints
The Hotel at the University of Maryland (UMD) in College Park is a new, convenient accommodation for visitors, including prospective students and their families, business travelers, and tourists. During construction, building owner and operator Southern Management Corporation (SMC) worked with Pepco’s Energy Savings for Business Program to plan for energy efficiency. The goal was to save energy and money over time and to enhance the experience of customers and employees.
- Provide the hotel with energy-efficient equipment from the outset
- Install high-efficiency heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) units
- Qualify for LEED Gold certification
- Three 600-ton Daikin WME chillers for cooling
- 26 variable frequency drives for balancing the flow of air and reducing electricity use
- Excellent air quality and temperature control
- Energy savings of approximately 1,619,000 kilowatt-hours annually
- Estimated cost savings of more than $194,000 annually
- Incentives totaling approximately $210,400 annually
- LEED Gold certification
- Recognition for efforts to provide comfort in a sustainable way
We Are Here to Help
Have any questions about the incentives, your eligibility, or how to apply? Contact us and we can help you get started today.