Operations and Maintenance Training
Looking to learn how to save energy at your facility? The Pepco Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Training Program offers incentives for building operation personnel to receive nationally recognized training. By participating in the program, you can transform your workplaces into more comfortable and energy-efficient environments. O&M Training is available to contractors and building operation personnel, who will be eligible to receive cash incentives up to $1,000 or 80% of enrollment costs per course.
To meet the Operations and Maintenance Training requirements, you must be:
- Assigned to work at a commercial and/or industrial facility within the Pepco Maryland territory.
- Present at that facility at least 50% of your working hours.
- Employed in a position of responsibility for the energy management of the facility or have the potential to influence the building’s energy performance.
Not sure if you meet the requirements? Contact program representatives at 1-866-353-5798 to determine your eligibility.
Contact the Pepco energy efficiency team, and we will help you:
1. Register for the training course.
View the course directory below and select from a list of pre-qualified courses. If you do not see your desired course, you have the option of submitting non-listed courses for pre-approval by the program office.
2. Apply for incentives.
Complete the Operations and Maintenance Training online application.
3. Complete the training course.
Coursework completion paperwork and invoice must be received by the program within six months of the pre-approval date.
The courses below have been pre-qualified. The applicant has the option of submitting non-listed courses for pre-approval by the program.
- Certified Commissioning Authority (CxA)
- Pumps & Pump Systems
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Certified Energy Manager in Training (CEIT)
- Certified Building Commissioning Professional (CBCP)
- Certified Lighting Efficiency Professional (CLEP)
- Existing Building Commissioning Professional (EBCP)
- Certified Business Energy Professional (BEP)
- Certified Energy Auditor (CEA)
- BOC 102 – Energy Conservation Techniques description
- BOC 103 – HVAC Systems and Controls description
- BOC 104 – Efficient Lighting Fundamentals description
- NEW – BOC 300 – Commercial Building Re-Tuning
- High Performance Sustainable Building Investments
- High-Performance Sustainable Building Principles
- HP 2 course High-Performance Practices
- The Design, Operation, and Maintenance of Building Systems, Part I
- The Design, Operation, and Maintenance of Building Systems, Part II
- Air Handling, Water Treatment, and Plumbing Systems
- Energy Management and Controls
- Refrigeration Systems and Accessories
- Electrical Systems & Illuminations
- Energy Management Professional
- Certified Apprentice Lighting Technician (CALT)
- Certified Senior Lighting Technician (CSLT)
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM)
- LEED-EBOM AP: Accredited Professional Certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design - Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance)
- LEED-NC AP: Accredited Professional Certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design - New Construction)
- Plant Equipment and Operations
- Air Conditioning I, II, III
- Heat Pumps
- Electric Motor
- The Engineer & Management
- Environmental Impact & Engineering
- Controls I, III
- Introduction to Desigo
- Desigo CC Workstation I & II
- Desigo CC Master Operator
- PPCL Programming I & II
- PPCL Master Programmer
Interested in More Savings?
Pepco is proud to offer a variety of energy savings programs to fit your business’s needs. Check out our other programs to find more ways to save energy and money.
Business Instant Discounts
Medium and Large Business
Combined Heat and Power
New Construction and Major Renovation
Energy Efficient Communities
We Are Here to Help
Have any questions about the incentives, your eligibility, or how to apply? Contact us and we can help you get started today.