At Pepco, safety is our top priority. We are closely monitoring developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and taking appropriate precautions to protect the health and safety of our customers, employees, and contractors. We are only scheduling no-contact pickup appointments at this time. If you would prefer an in-home pickup appointment, we can add you to our priority list and will contact you to schedule your appointment once in-home pickups resume. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience during this challenging time. Please check back soon for updates.
Appliance Recycling Program
Get an Easy $50 for Recycling Appliances!
An old refrigerator or freezer can be a home’s biggest energy waster, costing you more than $80 per year to run. Pepco now offers convenient, no-contact pickups at no additional cost. Let us recycle your old, working refrigerator or freezer, and we’ll give you $50. Plus, get an extra $25 if you recycle your working room air conditioner or dehumidifier at the same time.
What is a No-Contact Pickup?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re only collecting appliances from designated locations outside of customers’ residences, including garages, outbuildings and porches. No-contact pickups allow our staff to safely collect and recycle your old appliances while you remain safely inside your home.
How it Works
- We’ll pickup and recycle your old, working appliance from one of the designated locations outside of your home (garage, outbuilding or porch).
- Get $50 in the mail for recycling a working refrigerator or freezer, plus no cost for pickup and disposal.
- Receive an additional $25 when you recycle your working room air conditioner or dehumidifier at the same time.
Recycling your old appliances helps to:
- Reduce energy consumption
- Lower emissions of ozone depleting substances and greenhouse gases
- Prevent releases of PCBs (toxic chemicals), mercury, and used oil into the environment
- Reduce the need for new raw materials such as steel, aluminum, copper, glass, and plastic
Schedule your no-contact pickup today!
Use the Online Scheduler or call 1-877-743-3117.
Prefer an in-home pickup or don’t have access to the designated locations? Join our priority list and a representative will contact you once in-home pickups resume.
Pepco is a proud U.S. EPA RAD Partner.