Appliance Recycling Program
New $75 Limited Time Offer
Get an extra $25 (for a total of $75) when you schedule a pickup to recycle an old, working refrigerator or freezer anytime in September. Get an additional $25 if you recycle your working room air conditioner or dehumidifier at the same time.
Call 877-743-3117 or click here to schedule your recycling appointment between September 1st and September 30th, 2021. Your recycling pick-up must occur by October 15th, 2021 to qualify.
Get an Easy $50 for Recycling Appliances!
An old refrigerator or freezer can be a home’s biggest energy waster, costing you more than $80 per year to run. Pepco now offers convenient, no-contact pickups at no additional cost. Let us recycle your old, working refrigerator or freezer, and we’ll give you $50. Plus, get an extra $25 if you recycle your working room air conditioner or dehumidifier at the same time.
What is a No-Contact Pickup?
To ensure the safety of our customers and contractors in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are offering outside and in-home no-contact pickups. During your no-contact appliance pickup, our team will be wearing personal protective equipment and maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet at all times.
For outside, no-contact pickups, our team will remove your old appliance(s) from one of the designated outside locations, including garages, porches, or outbuildings, while you remain inside your home.
For in-home, no-contact pickups, our team will remove your old appliance(s) from inside your home while maintaining 6 feet to ensure no physical contact is made with you.
How it Works
- We’ll pickup and recycle your old, working appliance either from one of the outside designated locations (garage, porches, outbuilding) or from inside your home.
- Get $50 in the mail for recycling a working refrigerator or freezer, plus no cost for pickup and disposal.
- Receive an additional $25 when you recycle your working room air conditioner or dehumidifier at the same time.
Recycling your old appliances helps to:
- Reduce energy consumption
- Lower emissions of ozone depleting substances and greenhouse gases
- Prevent releases of PCBs (toxic chemicals), mercury, and used oil into the environment
- Reduce the need for new raw materials such as steel, aluminum, copper, glass, and plastic
Schedule your no-contact pickup today!
Use the Online Scheduler or call 1-877-743-3117.
Income Eligible Programs
The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development provides energy-saving assistance to qualifying residential customers at no charge. Visit dhcd.maryland.gov/lieep or call 1-855-583-8976 to learn more.
Pepco is a proud U.S. EPA RAD Partner.