HVAC Efficiency Program
The HVAC Efficiency Program is changing beginning November 1, 2019. Qualifying ENERGY STAR® certified central air conditioners, air source heat pumps, geothermal heat pumps, smart thermostats and ECM furnace motors must be purchased by October 31, 2019 to be eligible for rebates. Purchased equipment must be installed by November 30, 2019, and the rebate application and all required documentation must be received no later than January 31, 2020 from your participating contractor to qualify.
Get up to $1,500 in HVAC Rebates!
Pepco is offering up to $1,500 in rebates to help residential customers in Maryland increase energy efficiency and reduce the cost of heating and cooling their homes. You have many great ways to save on HVAC equipment—the choice is yours!
- New Heating and Cooling Equipment: Get up to $1,500 when you upgrade existing equipment to high-efficiency heating and cooling equipment.
- Geothermal Heat Pump: Get a $1,500 rebate when you buy a geothermal heat pump.
- Smart Thermostat: Get a $100 rebate when you upgrade to an ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat.
- ECM Furnace Motor: Get up to $100 when you buy an ECM furnace motor.
- Ductless Systems: Ductless systems are a highly efficient technology that delivers warm or cool air directly into different rooms of your home, while saving you energy and money. See if ductless technology makes sense for your home.
Choose the rebate that's best for you—you'll get cash back now and enjoy continued energy savings in the future! You could be eligible for more than one rebate if, for example, you have multiple systems in your home. Please note that a participating contractor must install the HVAC equipment upgrade to qualify for a rebate.
|Central Air Conditioning Tier 1||≥ 16 SEER and ≥ 13 EER||$300|
|Central Air Conditioning Tier 2||≥ 18 SEER and ≥ 13 EER||$500|
|Air Source Heat Pump Tier 1||≥ 16 SEER,
≥ 13 EER and ≥ 9.0 HSPF
|Air Source Heat Pump Tier 2||≥ 18 SEER,
≥ 13 EER and ≥ 9.5 HSPF
|Geothermal Heat Pump (Closed Loop)**||≥ 17.1 EER and ≥ 3.6 COP||$1,500|
|ENERGY STAR Certified Smart Thermostat||N/A||$100|
|ECM Furnace Motor-Factory Installed||N/A||$50|
|ECM Furnace Motor-Retrofit||N/A||$100|
*Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER), is most commonly used to measure the efficiency of a central air conditioner operating over an entire cooling season. The higher the SEER, the more efficient the system.
Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) is a measure of how efficiently a cooling system will operate when the outdoor temperature is at a specific level (95°F). The higher the EER, the more efficient the system.
**Geothermal products installed at new construction homes that are not ENERGY STAR certified are eligible for a rebate.
Find an HVAC Participating Contractor. A participating contractor must install the HVAC equipment upgrade to qualify for a rebate.