At Pepco, safety is our top priority. We are closely monitoring developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and taking appropriate precautions to protect the health and safety of our customers, employees, and contractors.
- New Pickup Appointments: While we are not scheduling any new pickups, if you would like to have an appliance recycled join our priority list and we will contact you when the program is available.
- Existing Pickup Appointments: At this time, previously scheduled pickups will be cancelled, and we will contact you to reschedule.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Appliance Recycling Program
How to Participate
- You must be a Pepco customer with an active residential account in Maryland.
- You must own the appliance, and refrigerators and freezers must be 10 to 30 cubic feet.
- Room air conditioners and dehumidifiers are only eligible for pick-up at the same time as a scheduled refrigerator or freezer pick-up.
- The refrigerator, freezer, room air conditioner and/or dehumidifier must be emptied, plugged in and in working (cooling) condition at the time of pick up. Room air conditioners must also be removed from the window prior to pick up.
- The appliance must be picked up from the address listed on your Pepco account.
- Limit of two large appliances (refrigerators and/or freezers) and two small appliances (room air conditioners and/or dehumidifiers) per residential account per year.
- An adult, 18 years or older, must be present at the time of collection.