At Pepco, safety is our top priority. We are closely monitoring developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and taking appropriate precautions to protect the health and safety of our customers, employees, and contractors. We are only scheduling no-contact pickup appointments at this time. If you would prefer an in-home pickup appointment, we can add you to our priority list and will contact you to schedule your appointment once in-home pickups resume. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience during this challenging time. Please check back soon for updates.
Appliance Recycling Program
How to Participate
- For no-contact pickups, appliance(s) must be collected from a designated outside location (garage, porch or outbuilding).
- You must be a Pepco customer with a valid account number. Your appliance(s) will be picked up at no charge from the address listed on your billing account.
- You must own the refrigerator, freezer, dehumidifier, or room air conditioner.
- The refrigerator and/or freezer must be 10 to 30 cubic feet.
- The refrigerator, freezer and/or dehumidifier must be cleaned out, and room air conditioner must be removed from window prior to pickup.
- The refrigerator or freezer must be defrosted and dry, drip pan drained, and water lines disconnected.
- Your appliance(s) must be plugged in, so the driver can verify it is in working condition. We are unable to accept any appliances with mold or mildew damage.
- You must ensure that your refrigerator or freezer is closed securely (door must be taped shut) and cannot be opened by children.
- There must be a clear and safe passage for appliance removal. We cannot remove railings or move furniture.
- An adult age 18 or older must be present in the home at the time of pickup.
- Limit of two large appliances (refrigerators and/or freezers) and two small appliances (room air conditioners and/or dehumidifiers) per residential account per year.
Schedule your no-contact pickup today!
Use the Online Scheduler or call 1-877-743-3117.
Prefer an in-home pickup or don’t have access to the designated locations? Join our priority list and a representative will contact you once in-home pickups resume.