Quick Home Energy Check-up Program
Learn How Your Home Uses Energy
A Quick Home Energy Check-up teaches you how your home uses energy—and how to make easy changes that can save you both energy and money. In about an hour, a certified Energy Analyst will conduct a walk-through of your home and may even install energy-saving products all at no additional cost to you.
What to Expect
1. Inspection of your home: After you schedule your appointment, a certified Energy Analyst will walk-through your home with you to visually check the condition of the following items. It’s also your opportunity to ask questions.
- Insulation levels
- Air leakage
- Heating and cooling systems
- Windows and doors
- Lighting and appliances
- Water heating equipment
2. Energy-saving products installed: Your certified Energy Analyst may install (with your permission) the following energy-saving products to fit your home’s specific need(s). These products can help you start saving immediately by using less energy.
- ENERGY STAR® certified LED bulbs
- Water heater pipe wrap(s)
- ShowerStart™ showerhead adapter
- Efficient-flow showerheads
- Faucet aerators
- Smart power strips
- Smart Thermostat*
3. Customized Report: After your check-up is completed, you’ll receive a report, via email or mail, with recommendations to help you reduce your energy use and save money.
Find out more about how a Quick Home Energy Check-up works.
Virtual appointments are also available, click here to learn more.
Already had a Quick Home Energy Check-up?
You may be eligible for another one. If it has been five or more years, it’s time for another check-up to revisit how your home uses energy and learn new ways to help you save. Click here to schedule today.
You can also take the next step and get a more detailed assessment of your home’s energy use with the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program.
Income Eligible Programs
The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development provides energy-saving assistance to qualifying residential customers at no charge. Visit dhcd.maryland.gov/lieep or call 1-855-583-8976 to learn more.
The ENERGY STAR Difference**
During your no-cost Quick Home Energy Check-up, a certified Energy Analyst may install products (based upon the inspection) including an ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat. Products that have earned the ENERGY STAR deliver exceptional features, while using less energy. Almost half of the annual energy bill for the average American household goes to heating and cooling—that's more than $900 a year. An ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat is a Wi-Fi enabled, programmable thermostat that learns your patterns and automatically adjusts your home's temperature to improve comfort.
*Not everyone will be eligible for a smart thermostat, work with your contractor to determine your eligibility.